Welcome to the Passport Scotch Website. The following terms and conditions of use (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern your use of the website at Passportscotch.com, which shall include, without limitation, the home page, micro-sites, splash page, and all other pages under the same top level domain name, all third party websites branded by Passport Scotch and all content thereon (the “Site”) as provided by the website operator Chivas Brothers International Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC646563 and with a registered office at Kilmalid, Stirling Road, Dumbarton, G82 2SS (“Operator” or “we”).
We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time and at any time without notice to you, by posting such changes on the Site. BY USING THE SITE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THEM. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not access or otherwise use the Site. By using the Site following any modification to the Terms and Conditions, you agree to be bound by any such modification to the Terms and Conditions.
Age Requirement for Use of Site
1) This Site is intended only for the use and enjoyment (i) of persons who are of legal age to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages in the jurisdiction in which they reside or, where they are accessing the Site from a different jurisdiction, in the jurisdiction from which they are accessing the Site and (ii) where the sale, consumption and advertising of alcohol is permitted in the relevant jurisdiction.
2) To access or otherwise use the Site (i) you must be of legal purchase age or older in the jurisdiction in which you reside or the jurisdiction from where you are accessing the Site (whichever applies); and (ii) the sale, consumption and advertising of alcohol must be permitted in that jurisdiction. Persons under such legal purchase age or who reside in a jurisdiction where the sale, consumption and/or advertising of alcohol is not permitted should not use the Site in any way.
Social Media Platforms and other Links from and to the Site
3) The Site may include links to social media platforms including, without limitation: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr (“Social Media Platforms”). As part of the services available on the Site and your use generally of the Site, you may follow a link to Social Media Platforms from the Site, you may share the Site link or a link to certain parts of the Site on Social Media Platforms, you may upload to the Site photographs or other content which are already stored on Social Media Platforms (provided always such photographs and/ or content are owned by you), you may identify third parties on the Site by reference to their identities on Social Media Platforms (provided always the consent of those third parties has been obtained by you) or you may interact between the Site and Social Media Platforms in any other permitted way. In these circumstances, you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Social Media Platforms used. Please note that use of the Social Media Platforms is governed by separate terms and conditions and privacy policies which can be found on the websites of the Social Media Platforms accessed.
4) You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the accuracy or availability of information provided by sites to which you may link from the Site (“Linked Sites”). Links to Linked Sites do not constitute an endorsement by or association with the Operator of such sites or the content, products, advertising or other materials presented on such sites. The Operator does not author, edit, or monitor these Linked Sites. You acknowledge and agree that the Operator is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such Linked Sites.
5) You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Services Available on the Site
6) We make certain services available to visitors of the Site. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. On the Site generally, you may be able to read information about our products, view movies, documentaries and other films, stream music, download music, tell your own story, upload your own photographs, music, or other content, identify third parties in your story, photographs, music or other content, enter competitions, chat with other visitors, post comments on a bulletin board, download screensavers or other software, send branded material to friends.
7) We do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential or secret information or material from you through the Site, through any of the Services, by email or in any other way. Any information or material submitted by you will be deemed not to be confidential or secret.
8) Visitors are solely responsible for any information or materials submitted by you through the Site, whether names, personal information, photographs, films, stories, music, ideas, creative concepts, other materials, information or data of any kind and in any format and other content you post on and through the Site (“User Information”).
9) By submitting User Information to the Site you represent and warrant that the User Information is original to you and that no other party has any rights to it or that you have obtained all required consents and permits to enable you to submit the User Information to the Site and for it to appear on the Site. Visitors agree that the User Information will not include content which infringes upon the rights of any third party including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right; content that is deceptive or fraudulent; content that is unlawful; content which promotes the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol; content that is or could reasonably be considered to be hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, abusive, threatening, offensive or pornographic or that incites violence or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence or depicts any illegal activity; or content that references ammunition and/or firearms or the sale of tobacco products. Visitors fully indemnify us for breach of these warranties and guarantees.
10) We reserve the right to delay publication of User Information to the Site at all times for the purposes of our approval processes. We further reserve the right to remove any User Information or any other content from the Site at any time for any reason. Due to our commitment to promoting a message of responsible drinking, we require our users to be sensible, responsible and considerate when interacting with this Site. We will monitor User Information and ensure that it complies with our Corporate Social Responsibility policies. We do not allow any User Information which: